Countries i will visit on my journey

Countries i will visit on my journey

Flags of all countries

Flags of all countries

Thursday 21 May 2015

Tahiti... a backpackers paradise?

Is Tahiti a backpackers paradise? I do not think so, because everything on Tahiti is expensive. The accommodations, the food, the tours and sights and there is barely no public transport system on the island except super expensive taxis.
The main city Papeete is very expensive as well, super busy and really no place to stay longer for a backpacker trying to save some money.

 After my first night on Tahiti I took the ferry to Moorea, which is the neighbour island and spent 4 days there. These island is much more nicer than Tahiti in all belongings. Stayed on a camp side next to a very beautiful beach. Beside the beaches there are rainforests, volcanoes, pineapple plantations and reefs to explore,...


Moorea is not that big, so I made a round-trip by a rented bike (~60km) in one day.
Except for the round trip I relaxed most of the time on the beach as I had four very stress full days on the Easter island to recover.
On the last day there was quite much wind, so I rented a Kite and did some Kite-surfing in the lagoons, which have cystal-clear and warm water but lots of corals. Slowly I got used to this relaxing way of life and started liking it, as it was already over and I had to catch my flight to New Zealand.

Before I left the Kite-beach of Moorea's west coast to catch the ferry to Papeete, I saw three very beautiful girls (holy sh..!! They must have been models!!) sunbathing on the beach, wearing nothing than their bikini-slips...
I stopped, took a deep breath and enjoyed the view for a moment while I was thinking: There is no better way to say goodbye to me, French Polynesia!! :-)


I think holidays on French Polynesia`s island can be very very nice if you have the money to spend. As I saw lots of very luxury good looking hotels and bungalows as well as cool activities to do. But it is definitely nothing for poor backpackers, trying to save money... Or was I just used to the cheaper life I lived in South America? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment